Social workers are regulated professionals in all provinces, and as such carry the Registered Social Worker (RSW) designation.
All Registered Social Workers are regulated by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW). The OCSWSSW protects the interest of the public by regulating the practice of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and promoting excellence in practice. They ensure accountability and accessibility to the community.
The Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW) is the voice of the profession of social work in Ontario. The organization speaks for the social work profession, advances its interests and enhances its contribution to inclusiveness and social justice.
Tools and Modalities
A combination of tools and modalities in collaboration with your own requirements and comfort level, will be used to address your needs. Some of the tools used are:
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Attachment Based Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Emotionally Focused Family Therapy
- PsychologyToday Find a Therapist - www.psychologytoday.com
- Theravive - www.theravive.com
- Find a Social Worker - OASW - www.findasocialworker.ca
- Canada 411
- Shalem Mental Health Network - www.shalemnetwork.org/congregational assistance plan
- Victim Quick Response Program -- Victim Services Niagara - email email@example.com